Sunday, August 14, 2011

Schengen Visa part 2

Sorry I had not posted in a while...as I have posted a while ago, I was busy with papers and other things since I was going to Finland for a business trip.  I hope you guys understand and as I am writing this, I am now in Oulu, Finland!  I'll try to post every weekend since I'll be busy during the weekdays but I'll try to update you guys more as soon as I can!

Anyway, to the post... After you have applied for a Schengen Visa, it is now your responsibility to follow it up.  They won't email you or call to tell you that you  have been approved or you have been declined.  You have to call them yourself or visit their office in Buendia.  Now, In my experience, after the 15 days processing time has passed, calling them was a bit difficult.  I don't know if it coincided with the recent storms but I just could not get a hold of the embassy!  I always get the auto attendant system and it keeps trying to pass me to the visa department but after a few rings, it goes back to the auto attendant system.  I used to make auto attendant systems, and I guess I can understand the loop but it is just really annoying..

 Hoookay... so if calling them didn't work, I would suggest that you drop by their office to follow-up.  There's just no other way around it, it may be a bit more legwork for you but hey, It's your visa!  After I followed up mine in person, I got informed that I was approved (yey!) and that I only had to present the duly paid return tickets and my insurance and I was good to go.  And that's it!

Hope you fare a lot better with their auto attendant system than I did!

mumbling my finnish which I don't....

No comments:

Post a Comment