Sunday, July 3, 2011

My take on Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Yeah! Transformers 3! Yeah baby!!! The fanboy in me is drooling to get another dose of Transformers and who can blame me??  I mean, I grew up watching Transformers and I bet top dollar that most of the parents of today have too and will be bringing their kids to relive the adventure, the glory and the fun!


Although realistically, most naysayers are expecting the worst and I for one cant blame them... especially after watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.  Michael Bay made a grand film that would have you hurl due to the zoomed in moving CG graphics. I watched it and the fanboy in me still loves it but I would never deny that I had headaches after watching.

Fortunately, this time around, Michael Bay cleaned up his shi** and made an impressive and smooth moving action sequences with his CG stars and cast and gave us 2 and a half hours of gleeful Autobots, wholesale destruction, sexy chicks and wanton abandonment of all reason!!!  It was a fun movie that never gave you time to rebound and just kept on hitting you with action and then more action and then a touch of comedy and then more explosions and action and somewhere in between, Michael Bay was able to showcase the sexiness of Rosie Huntington-Whiteley (the replacement for Megan Fox!)

This was a fun family film and on the day that I watched it, I had to stay in line for an  hour++ just to get tickets for the second to the last full show!!

Sidenote gripe: I watched the movie at SM Digital cinema and in 3D and I had to pay extra because there was popcorn bundled with the ticket??? WTF??? If I wanted some popcorn, I'd buy a popcorn!!!  Don't charge me for something that I MIGHT POSSIBLY want to eat while watching an awesome movie!!!  If you are going to do this, at least make it an option and not a requirement!  And as if adding insult to injury, I had to get in line for another 40 minutes for the damned popcorn!!!

Hoookay!!! Sorry about the gripe but I just had to get it off my chest... where were we!  Oh yeah!  I was shamelessly plugging the Transformers Dark of the Moon movie!!!  Most reviews say that story wise, it has a lot of holes.  There is even a Youtube video depicting some scenes which they claim were recycled action scenes from another Michael Bay movie (The Island, I think)...  Whatever you may believe, believe this, it is a movie worth your hard earned money because I am doubly sure that this movie will keep you entertained from start to finish!  'nuff said!

'till next guys!  Mumbling while transforming...

2 comments:

  1. Well said...huh marketing strategy ni SM tlg wooohoow! its the best movie for me wat eva they say bout the recycled and environment keme hell dnt care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! you are so right! Marketing strategy nga... ganun na ba kalugi ang popcorn business ng SM??? Hehehe... Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete