Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Quantum Levitation may make hoverboards possible!!

I just gotta post this although by Internet standards, I am already pretty late.


There's a video that has already gone viral depicting QUANTUM LEVITATION/LOCKING.  You already know what levitation is but Quantum Locking is the ability to trap an object in 3 dimensional space thus also making it look like an object is levitating.  At least as I understand it.  I'm no Physicist so I maybe wrong in my definition.  What I do know is that isn't like the defense mechanism of the weeping angels (for Dr. Who fans!). 

This video proves to us that we are on the verge of a breakthrough in futuristic travel as long as they devise a way to make superconductors at room temp anyway.

Watching the video, you could easily see and feel the wonder as you see the disc glide over the track or below it...  it brings out the kid in you!  The kid that is still full of wonder and optimism unmarred by the reality of skepticism that abound in our daily lives.

For more information, hop on over to the It's Okay to be Smart website: http://jtotheizzoe.tumblr.com/post/11590151866/if-this-video-doesnt-make-your-jaw-drop-you

mumbling my amazement and dreams of the future...

2 comments: