Sunday, May 8, 2011

I just gotta get this out of my system... my MMDA rantings...

Hoookay... so I had to renew my license a few days ago and I was in the process of doing so at the LTO when I hit  a bit of a snag.... It seems I had an MMDA alarm flag attached to my license.. which the officer at the LTO told me that I have to clear up with the MMDA before I can renew my license... What the hell?? The violation I was flagged for was 2 years old and I distinctly remember having paid it through their Metrobank account.

Looking at the violation date, I was flagged down for a violation I didn't commit (but that's another rant...) and since we were going to the wake of a relative so I was in a bit of a hurry.  I accepted the violation and told them that I would pay the fine at their accredited banks.  And since it was a saturday, I would be delayed in paying but the MMDA office assured me that I have five working days to pay the fine. So that was that and I went on my way.  But due to unfortunate circumstances, I wasn't able to pay the fine until 4 days later (which was still within the 5 day window).

Fast forward to today... here I was flagged for a violation that was 2 years old and was already paid for. Damn the MMDA process.... why the hell do I have to go and get a clearance for a violation fine that was already paid for 2 years ago???  In fact, when I got there, I even calmly asked why it was still on my record, and they told me that it was because I didn't pay the fine on time. WHAAATTTT????  They told me that it was five calendar days and not five working days??? WHAAAT!??  I now find out that the window is 7 calendar days which makes my payment on time! So there!!!!  

To add insult to injury, It took me 5 HOURS JUST TO GET THE FRICKIN CLEARANCE!!!!  I shouldn't even be asking for a clearance for doing my civil duties!! I mean if I was expected to do my civil duties, I expect them to do theirs!!! Geez...

So now I am making it official... I hate the MMDA until they improve their services or at least streamline their process for the better...


If you had any horrid experiences with the MMDA, feel free to hit the comments!

Mumbling something french while remembering this and when I say french I mean something not suitable for GP eyes...

'til next!

No comments:

Post a Comment