Monday, April 18, 2011

The bitter truth about me and Ampalaya...

If you've been reading my blog, you'd know that I have a long standing war with vegetables that I have only recently been able to quell to a manageable level now that I have matured enough and somehow, someway, my taste has matured too...

I've posted a while ago that I have just recently started eating the eggplant.  Long before that, there was this other vegetable that I have abhorred bcoz of it's bitter taste and after taste... the Ampalaya!  But truth be told, when I got married, my wife made me eat it... and learn to cook it!  It was one of her absolute favorite dishes, the ginisang ampalaya, and since marriage is full of compromises and with her abnormally persuasive powers over me, she got me hooked to learn to cook and eat it.

The first time I tried the ampalaya, my wife did the cooking, and I guess she did it with so much love that I enjoyed every piece that was served.  It was amazing... I liked it and from then on I even learned how to prepare it how she does it... with love! ;P

Admittedly though, I still don't eat ampalaya just anywhere... I only eat amplaya when Me, My wife or my mother-in-law or any of my brother's and sisters prepared it.  If it's from someone else.... forget it.

So recently, I got to taste a different ampalaya dish prepared by my brother... it was the ensaladang ampalaya!  OH.MY.GOD!  It was that good.  I don't know how others prepared it but my brother's enselada was the top notch king of enselada's!  KUYA DING abso-friggin-lutely made the best ensaladang ampalaya there is! 'nuff said!


I dont know if the picture does it justice but this dish was the best!  Kuya Ding, thank you for the ensalada!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment