Monday, April 11, 2011

Sony Nex5!!! Awesome!!!

Hey! Hey! Hey!

Last Christmas (Whoa! Ancient history!), the wife and I decided to replace our old point and shoot (Sony DSC-W1) camera with a newer model.  After countless hours on the internet searching for just the right camera to replace our old one... we found the Sony Nex 5!!!

The Sony Nex-5 was an EVIL camera!!! Wait... E.V.I.L.... meaning Electronic Viewfinder Interchangeable Lens.  It's one of the new breed of cameras that attempts to merge DSLR quality/capability with the ease of use of a point and shoot camera!  We've had the camera for months now and we are thoroughly satisfied with it!  It takes stunning pictures and it was easy to use!  Admittedly, I use the iAuto most of the time but since having this camera, I've learned how to use ISO, aperture settings and manual focusing which are essentials of DSLR photography!  My wife absolutely loves it and I am crazy for it!  Of course it doesn't make you a pro but it does make you a beginner and should you choose to jump DSLR photography, it will let you learn the basics.

The Sony Nex-5 has 14.2 MP and takes 720 or 1080i HD videos!  Just prepare a large memory card if you plan to use video a lot!

Here's a shot of our camera (I used a camera phone, coz I was taking pictures of our camera... DUH!)






It was the best decision we've made for a gadget so far!

I hope you liked this post!  'Till my next mumble!

No comments:

Post a Comment