Sunday, April 10, 2011

Yakimix

Yes!!!

Yesterday, I got to try one of the restaurants that i have been salivating for since... well... for the longest time ever!  Ever since I've heard the word buffet and Japanese food in one complete sentence, I have wanted to visit and try it out.  YAKIMIX!!!  A friend of mine mentioned it to me when we were visiting the seaside restaurants at Macapagal and we happened to pass by it.  Although I didn't visit the same branch, I got to visit one of the newest... the Trinoma branch!  We decided to have lunch there but had a few stops along the way plus finding a parking spot was a bit tricky and so we got there at 1:30pm.  there was already a line but we opted to wait.

We got seated at almost 2pm... I attacked the buffet immediately and mercilessly... flitting from one part of the buffet to another like a hungry bee in a field of flowers... I got a lot of the barbecues and some of the already cooked food... but the grilling took forever!!


  The barbecue took forever!!!

 Here's the rest of what we needed to grill:


The cooked food was also great!! I found out that they were not limited to Japanese food but they have other Asian dishes as well!  They had Chinese and Korean too as evidenced by the dumplings and the kimchi.

We also had our fill of Maki's!!!

 
Here's a shot of my plate while I was eating!

I was with my wife when I visited which was a must bcoz it was her treat!!  So a mandatory shoutout and picture of my lovely wife!

The only authority I recognize!!! (",)

We were having such a grand time at the place that we didn't even know then that this branch at Trinoma closed at 2:30-3pm! Now, I don't know if this applies to all the branches but it was new to me!  About 20 minutes after seating they had the last call... so I got up one more time to get a few more dishes that I wanted to try... Which was my mistake!!!  Just then as I was going back to the buffet table, I got the terrible itch of the "TAKAW MATA" syndrome!!!  I got more than I needed back to the table, even when the barbecue was not ready yet... Crikey!  My wife was even asking me "Kaya mo ba yan?". 

The uncooked food that needed grilling took the longest time... At almost quarter to 3pm did the barbecue seemed cooked enough to eat... It took a lot of time until i noticed that, one by one, the customers were leaving until we were the only ones left...  It was a bit embarassing and unsettling since the crew was already cleaning up...and we were still there cooking and eating. About a plate and a half away of the uncooked food and I knew I was full... it was pride that was forcing me to finish the food... I didn't want to say to my wife that I could not finish it all anymore so I kept eating... damn my foolish pride!  In the end, I surrendered at 3:45pm... and we left the place with half a plate of uneaten food.... *sigh*

My happy mood ended with a sour note bcoz we came to the place late and that i didn't know about the frickin closing time.  I didn't even get the chance to try out desserts... damn!

Yakimix is a great place to enjoy good food so for any of you first-timers to Yakimix, please remember this: Come early.  Not only to avoid the lines but to maximize your time and cooking.  If you do come late, get more of the cooked food and just sample the foods that you need to grill.  The schedule as I know it is: lunch time (11am-3pm) at 2pm they don't accept anymore customers... and then dinner (5pm-10pm).

Well, there goes my Yakimix adventure!  Till my next mumblings!

No comments:

Post a Comment