Thursday, April 14, 2011

My take on... Limitless

Last weekend, the wife and I were able to check out this movie LIMITLESS... it stars Bradley Cooper from the Hangover movie.

You can watch the trailer below:



How cool could it be to be able to access your thoughts in an organized way in just a snap!?!  The possibilities really are Limitless!

Note: Spoiler alert! Don't read any further if you don't want to know details of the movie!
The premise of the movie is that you take a drug, a pill that would allow you to access 100% of your brain and access any thought or memory you may have gleaned in your whole life and collate it with other data that is in your brain!  As per the pusher, it works better if you're already smart...  After taking the drug, you instantly become a human computer with a souped up relational database manager rolled up with instant cross referencing and you got yourself a Super Geek!  Aside from making you a geek, it also makes you addicted to the rush and confidence it gives... the only side effect is that if you stop, you might die... :)

My take: I have a few gripes about the movie, (1) although the pusher claimed that you will be able to use 100% of your brain, I am dubious about this bcoz I believe that If we are able to use 100% of our brain, then I should have mental powers like telepathy and telekinesis...  and yes, I really believe that!  (2) Plus, there's a scene in the movie wherein he was able to reference all the fight moves he has seen from tv and movies and was able to employ those moves to beat up some guys who were giving him crap.  Even though he had access to the memory, I don't think he had the muscle training to pull off some of those moves... unless the pill also gives you some kind of muscle memory then I'll take back my gripe.

If we can get pass this (I sure did!), the movie was better than I expected.  The concept was great and the execution was also not bad.  Unfortunately, this movie wasn't overly marketed or it would have had a much bigger success on our shores...  Even RottenTomatoes gave it a 69% rating while the RottenTomatoes audience gave it a 75% rating...  It's really worth watching..if it's still showing, I recommend that you give it a whirl... I guarantee that you'll be entertained.. if it's not showing anymore, then tough luck, you could wait for the official DVD or find a bootleg copy via torrent, DL or Quiapo (your choice *wink*) which I don't really recommend (the OMB maybe reading this... shhhh)..

'Till my next mumblings!

2 comments:

  1. i love this movie...it makes me wonder what to do if i am limitless! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice..wanna watch it hanapin ko yan s bangketa ng mga DVD's :))..slmat koya

    ReplyDelete