Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Show Desktop Shortcut

One time, I accidentally deleted my Show desktop shortcut.  You know? The one in the quick launch bar that shows the desktop (Duh!).  It's a handy thing to have when you have so many windows open and you need to access a desktop shortcut....

So, if ever you found you have no desktop shortcut, do these steps:

Open Notepad enter the following:

[Shell]
Command=2
IconFile=explorer.exe,3
[Taskbar]
Command=Toggledesktop

Save the new file as Show desktop.scf then drag and drop the icon on the Quick Launch bar or whatever location you want the shortcut to appear.

REMEMBER!!!  The above works on Windows XP OS and below... haven't tried on Windows 7 yet... I'll give you guys an update when I do!

'Till my next mumblings!

No comments:

Post a Comment